Monday 22 April 2013

Museum of Costumes and Lace


The Museum of Costumes and Lace is located in the centre of Brussels and currently is holding an exhibition about the 70's. You can see the different types of clothes, shoes and accessories worn at that time, as well as the fashion trends that were in back then. At the end, there's an area for kids to dress up and take photos in a vintage scenario.




This is a cute video played at the entrance that mixes 70's references with icons from Belgium
This exhibition will be on until March 2014, so there's plenty of time to see it. In the first Sunday of each month, however, the entrance is free, so take advantage of that! I thought that the rest of the museum's collection (the lace part) was not that special, but the visit is worthy for the 70's one.


Musée du Costume et de la Dentelle
Rue de la Violette 12
1000 Bruxelles
T +32 (0)2 213 44 50

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to bring the brown cape with me!
    (picture 4)
    Amazing clothes, so worth seeing the whole exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I really like your blog and insights to brussels' life. However, maybe you cold post something more work-traineeship related? It would be interesting to read how this most wanted traineeship look in practice!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you for your message! I don't get too much into work details due to, first of all, confidentiality reasons and, secondly, because there is not too much to tell on a regular basis (as opposed to the social life, which is lively every day).

      I am doing interesting stuff, but that can be resumed very briefly: attending conferences and meetings within the EC and in other institutions, drafting reports, analyze and answer to citizens' complaints, monitor the transposition of certain directives... that kind of stuff. I don't believe it would be very interesting to post about it, but I can assure you that I am having a great experience work-wise. Although I have heard that other trainees are a bit bored and disappointed with their tasks, but others feel the same as me, so I guess it really depends.

      Regards,
      Mariana

      Delete