Monday 6 May 2013

L'Entrepot du Congo


In the last weekend of April I have been to Antwerp, as I have some friends from my Erasmus year living there. I had been to the city two times before moving to Brussels, so I was already familiar with its major attractions. This way now I can go just to spend a nice day with my friends and enjoying the city from a non-touristical point of view. That is what led me to have lunch in L'Entrepot du Congo, a great Belgian restaurant decorated in an old colonies' style.




The menu is conviniently placed as the "cloth" for each table (and you can also see it here)
This is what we ate:
Steak with chips and sauce bearnaise and "De Koninck" beer
Gambas
 

Capuccino
Pancake with berries' marmelade
The restaurant also has a room in the upper floor to host groups.




I really loved the place with its antique atmosphere and the food was marvellous. The steak was very tasty (you could order it medium or raw cooked) and the gambas as well. All sauces tasted really good and natural (coming from the food itself!), you could really feel the food's taste (which is something I kind of miss in Belgium compared to Portugal, as here a lot of food is dipped in these pre-prepared sauces full of additives, so you loose the food's taste in them.... not the case here!). I highly recommend you to pass by there if you go to Antwerp (which you should, as it is a gorgeous town and only 40 minutes away from Brussels by train!). You can also go there for just a drink, as they work as a cafe as well.

L’Entrepôt du Congo
Vlaamse Kaai 42
2000 Antwerpen
+32 475 528 215

No comments:

Post a Comment