Sunday 30 June 2013

Portuguese party and cupcakes

As I mentioned in my last post, this weekend I participated in the Portuguese party that took place in the Parc du Cinquantenaire. I had a little stand where I sold my cupcakes and I must say it was a huge success! I was kindly visited by several familiar faces and others that were not familiar yet, but who knew my blog, so they came. I was always busy between talking with the people who visited me, promoting my goodies to the other visitors, hanging out with the organization staff... that time flew so fast in both days and in the end I had sold all of my 100 cupcakes! If only I had made more... but creating a home made production of these delights takes its effort, especially with me alone doing them at night, so I was "only" able to make that amount. Here's some photos of how it was:

Cupcakes for day #1

Cupcakes for day #2
My stand at the fair

Kids are the best costumers!

My friend Filipa = happy costumer!

'Cause two sweets are always better than just one!

Parc du Cinquantenaire invaded by Portugal
I want to express a BIG thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit me and who helped me pursue my quest and tasted one (or more) of my cupcakes. You made this whole thing feel like I was just hanging out with friends and time flew by so quickly :) I was really happy I came - also a big thanks to the organization for having let me participate in this, especially when my request to do so was made with such short notice! - and had another great weekend in Brussels. Especially today, the party was so full of people, a lot of families strolling with their kids... lots of non-Portuguese attendants, which was great! All the other stands were selling typical products and I saw a lot of people buying them, so I hope they had two great days as well. Overall, it was just great!

1 comment:

  1. Ich liebe Cupcakes, die schmecken einfach immer wieder so lecker.

    ReplyDelete